What happened?

Where have I been for the last month, or so? I’ve been rather busy. The main thing being that I was fighting off a sinus infection that turned into pneumonia. That’s the main reason that I haven’t updated this in a while. I’ll start at the point where I left off.

Blast II: Shockwave was great. It’s like watching a marching band, or drum corps, on stage. I went to that directly from my physics exam, which I wasn’t very pleased with. I ended up getting two problems wrong because there were little reading tricks to it. I thought that I might have been done with those after the ACT, but I guess not. Later that week, I think, we ordered a spinach alfredo pizza. We got a coupon for one when we order our last pizza, so we decided to give it a try. It was awesome.

That was about it for the week before spring break. The Big Ten tournament was in Chicago, but Purdue was knocked out in the first round. Because of that one of my friends, who was there with the basketball band, ended up staying with us for the weekend. That was a lot of fun. We went to the Museum of Science and Industry one day, and saw a great Omnimax film about Coral Reefs. Then we took him out for Chicago style deep dish pizza at Gino’s East. I had to drive him to the airport the next day so that he could catch his flight back home.

The next day I met with a new client about a web site. The meeting went quite quickly, which is good, it means that both of us were on the same page for how the site would be designed and what information would be on it. That site is just about complete now.

I also went on a hunt for an internship during spring break. I never heard back from one of the places that I sent my resume to. The other one, however, was quite interested, until they realized, three weeks later, that I was working on an EET degree, and not a EE degree. I don’t know how it could take three weeks to notice something like that.

At the end of that week we had a birthday party for me, since my birthday was the next week. Then I had to come back here for the last six weeks of the semester.

On the Monday that after break we had a mid-term exam in CGT 120. Really great scheduling there. Anyways, I said that I was worried about that class, since I didn’t know much about CADD, but I found out that I set the curve on that test. The next week or so was rather uneventful. Just class and a various flavors of illness.

The next week we had to give our presentation on body language for OLS 252. I had my work done on time for the group, but some people let things run right down to the last second before they got things together. That made it a little stressful. It ended up that we didn’t get a chance to practice our presentation in it’s entirety. The presentation ended up going just fine, and we got an A on it, so I can’t complain. Once again, the rest of that week was boring, nothing going on.

In fact, the beginning of the next week was the same thing. Things started to pick up, however, when we started to play Frisbee outside. The weather was really nice during the last week, so we were outside playing whenever we got a chance. Yes, that even includes at midnight, after they’ve turned off the lights on the field. Good thing that we had a bright yellow Frisbee. We’re hoping that the weather will stay the same for the next few weeks.

I went home this weekend for Easter. Unfortunately, I had so little time with all of the thing that I had to do, I didn’t get a chance to see any of my friends. I did, however, get a great Easter/Birthday dinner. We had that on Saturday, since I would be going back on Sunday.

I drove my car back here today so we can go to a Sox game in two weeks. We’re all counting down to that one. I should be a lot of fun, if it doesn’t rain. Three of us from Purdue are going, and I’ve talked to some of my friends at home who said that they would like to meet us at the game. Hopefully that will work out quite well.

This weekend is my last band concert. I won’t be doing marching band next year. I thought about it, and realized that for the amount of time that I put into it, I really didn’t get much out of it. I also will have EET 207, which is, from what I hear, a lot of work. Finally, I’m going to be a lab assistant for EET 107. I think that it will be a lot of fun. Then we’ve got finals in two weeks. I took a closer look at my exam schedule and realized that it wasn’t as bad as I had initially thought.

So, here’s the way that I see it. There are three weeks left, one of which is finals, so we can’t count that. Before finals we have “dead week” where the professors can’t give any tests, so that week doesn’t count either. So that means that there’s only one week left. Yahoo!

Posted on April 20, 2003 at 7:53 pm by Matt Walsh ยท Permalink
In: Blog

One Response

Subscribe to comments via RSS

  1. Written by Giovanni Go
    on April 22, 2003 at 8:32 am

    Bravo on the longest essay I have ever read from you ! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜›

Subscribe to comments via RSS